The countdown to Handover is on! A stack of work was completed this week, which ended with our PCI (Practical Completion Inspection) meeting on Friday.
|Downpipes need painting, and that ugly as sin rainhead |
is to be replaced with something smaller and square.
The main things picked up in our walk around are:
* Paint touch ups. Little things all over the place.
* A handful of minor electrical things.
* Some paint / render splashes on the gutters / fascias at a few spots around the house.
* Some of the cornice joins to the ceiling in the family room aren't plumb and require attention.
* Replace the rainhead on the facade gutterwork.
* The Laundry requires new stone, as the new hole they cut for the trough ended up being too big!
A copy of the report from New Home Inspections is below:
So the final fix list is the items above, plus what we picked up, which is mainly paint related or just general clean up. This is what has to be rectified for a happy handover....which will definitely not be this Friday 8 June.
Our SS is pretty certain he can't get the stone in the Laundry replaced & one of the bifold doors replaced within the week.
Contemplating the things that need fixing, it's all fairly minor and generally cosmetic. All things going well, we should have handover on 15 June!
The furniture companies are calling saying our stuff is ready, and all the post handover trades are now booked in, and we've agreed the fencing with our neighbours which is great! Can't wait to get cracking on all the finishing work, and move into our beautiful new home!