I think it's a finishing line that we can now see... As more of the tasks get crossed off the list, without a commensurate defect list, the time to call the place our own is fast approaching!
All the electrical fit off is now complete, and all in the correct spots. Only a couple of things left to do:
- 1 of the 2 fluoros in the Garage is missing (they've fitted off a junction box instead).
- Speaker cabling at the rear of the Home Theatre has not been fitted off. Little holes cut out only.
- 2 downlights blown (1 x ensuite, 1 x home theatre)
- Alfresco has a single flood installed instead of a double
For the amount of electrical stuff we got done, this ain't bad. One niggling issue from the rough in was the location of the light switch for BR3. Check out the plans I've reposted below showing where it should go. When they ran the cable, it was to the left hand wall after the door was opened. Not convenient at all, thanks to the timber framing stopping it from going in as planned. We hated it, but we understood why it was moved. However - the guys fitting off were different to the ones who roughed in, and they have fitted the switch in the right location. Dunno how they did it, nor do we care - but we're rapt that it's in the right spot!
Aside from lights and power, we also got ducted vacuum points and the smart wiring completed. The tiles were delivered on Monday, and they've supplied the right ones... not that there is much to get wrong. The waterproofers also came through on Tuesday and 'blued' up the shower recesses and bath hob.
We pushed PD a bit this week on a couple of outstanding items that don't seem to be getting the necessary action. In particular, the cabinetry in the Bathroom and Ensuite hasn't yet been replaced. The stone benches are fitted on top, and with tiling ready to start - the ease in replacing them diminishes, which I can see ending up as a refund to us for the Crystal Gloss finish, because it's too hard to change. On Friday we were told that the cabinet makers had been through to work out how much needed to be done in the shop compared to what could be done on-site. This is to fix the finish, align the pot drawers and overhead cabinets.
We also want to change the rangehood model. The one we chose initially was the Blanco BRC90BX, but we want to swap it for the BWC90X. PD have confirmad that the power spec is the same, and they were just verifying dimensions (which we've done and it's the same). Pics below.
So all in all, a productive week... and we're finalising fences, driveway and landscaping.
|Final electrical plans|
|Tiles delivered... not many to just do the wet areas|
|Master BR. This light will be going here.|
|From Kitchen, looking at Dining, towards Entry|
|Waterproofed Ensuite shower|
|Alfresco, with fan to go where batten is|
|Single flood in side yard. Should be double.|
|Wiring for Theatre. There is an HDMI cable in the wall |
that we'll pull through later.
|Services cabinet in garage all wired, aside from Foxtel|
|Original rangehood (BRC90BX)|
|New rangehood (BWC90X)|
Plan for next week:
Heating and cooling vents